Monday, May 17, 2010

Grammy's gone and the house is a WRECK!

Come back Grammy!

There are times when I really wish my parents lived here or at least a little closer.  Four hours of highway between us doesn't seem like a lot, but it keeps us from seeing each other as often as we'd like.  But, I'm starting to realize there is an upside to living away from each other.  One of those being extended visits. 

If we lived in the same town as each other we probably wouldn't have the fun overnighters and late night conversations including both laughter and tears.  I love the extended time together that we get when Mom and Dad come to town, and I know Cora loves it too.

I already miss both of you and had so much fun these past two weeks.

P.S.  This house isn't too bad, Mom, but definitely not as neat as when you were here!

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the overnight visits. It allows more time to enjoy and share with each other. That is what I loved and still love when Mom and Dad come here. I also think that is why you have such a wonderful relationship with them. I only hope I can be half the grandparent to Cora as Mom and Dad have been to you. I love you all dearly.

    ReplyDelete