Sunday, January 30, 2011

Relentless January

Wow, a whopping two posts so far in January.  There is a lot swirling around in life right now preventing me from getting to the computer more often, including a comfy couch to retreat to after the baby toddler is down each evening.  I've probably watched more DVD's this month than I did all of last year.  Spring, are you ever going to get here?  The last few teaser days were awesome but the gloom and doom forecast for next week is just too depressing to even think about.  How is it possible to go from a high of 79 degrees to a low of 6 degrees in just a matter or days. 

Dear January bestowed several colds and a bout of double pink eye on the Green household.  I've managed to avoid both, which is a miracle considering I've had a passenger assigned to the seat on my left hip for many, many days in January seeking motherly comfort.  There was a particularly rough four day stint that was both sweet and suffocating all at once. 

So what's new::

Cora has taken up baby yoga.




And scrabble.  Rob and I have also been playing a lot of scrabble with each other and friends this month.




I learned to bake some sandwichable bread which Cora calls "Mama Bread" and I've sketched out our garden for the spring (yea seeds have arrived from Johnny's!).  I'm still keeping it small this year but would really like to expand for the future.  Can't believe that carrots, spinach and lettuces will go in the ground in the next few weeks.    



I'm anxious to see what February holds.  She's going to be off to a cruel start but perhaps things will start looking up in the next few weeks.  Here's to everyone out there just trying to get through winter! 

2 comments:

  1. It is 0 degrees here today with blowing snow. I too am longing for spring. Looks like Cora is taking her yoga seriously. Here hair is getting so thick. It looks just like yours did at about the same age. Stay in and snuggle up during these cold dreary days.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DO NOT ENVY YOU AND YOUR WEATHER BUT I DO ENVY YOU BEING SO ORGANIZED. CORA IS SO PRECIOUS AND I COULD SHE HAS PLENTY OF TOYS. WISH SHE WAS HERE TO SNUGGLE CLOSE TO ME.

    LOVE,
    MOMO

    ReplyDelete