Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Kid Likes Cake

Here is a belated post party wrap up complete with pics and video.  In short, we had an amazing time celebrating Cora's first birthday.  I know she felt loved by friends and family that celebrated with her.  We could not have thrown the party without the generous help of family.  I still can't believe that she is one!

Things started out a little "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to" but quickly turned around.  She just wasn't into sitting still on the couch for a photo when there were so many fun friends around.
 Cora and Liam loved all the party food.  Cora ate her body weight in watermelon.


She also figured out the present opening a little quicker than at Christmas.  She received some great new toys and has loved playing with them lately.  This book is one of her favorites that we must read EVERY morning upon waking.



We put up a few fun decorations and went with cupcakes and a mini cake for Cora.  Mom helped me make a "Cora is One!" banner for the fire place.  Cupcake making kicked off at 6:30 a.m. the day of her party.  At first I wasn't going to make a separate mini-cake and thought that a cupcake for her would suffice.  Somehow though, I could not keep my inner Martha at bay and decided that she should have something just a little more special.  This decision resulted in one mini bundt cake release fail and a quick trip to Hobby Lobby for Rob and Mom to pick up the mini cake pan.

 


Finally, it was time for cake!  The first bites were a little hesitant, but once she figured out it was something she could actually eat, she loved it!  Look at how proud Daddy was as he gave her the cake.



Birthday 1 from Courtney Green on Vimeo.


Birthday 2 from Courtney Green on Vimeo.


After the cake eating, we moved the party to the backyard for swinging and baby pool swimming.  I will never forget this day and am grateful to everyone that helped us celebrate.  I wished I would have taken more pictures, but I was busy capturing all the snap shots in my mind.  What a blessed year we have had.

4 comments:

  1. Victoria, Blake and LukeJuly 21, 2010 at 9:01 AM

    I know it was a special day and you all are a special family! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The banner and cupcakes were gorgeous! I wish I had that kind of crafty talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I miss so much because I live so for away. The party was wonderful. It is so nice to be able to share your growth and good times like this.
    Cora you have such good friends and family and I am glad that Great ELMO and I are family.
    We love you so much,
    Momo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a great time at Cora's party and was glad to get to help and be a part. She had a beautiful party with friends and family and oh yes CAKE!!!!
    Give her a hug and kiss. Love to all of you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete