Thursday, March 4, 2010

What's Cooking Mr. Green?

Dear Cora,

You are the best thing that ever happened to your Daddy's cooking. Before you, Mama was a little bit of a control freak in the kitchen, and as a result, he never really got to handle dinner all that often. This is not one of my better qualities (the need to always be in control), I'll admit. We are getting much better about splitting the dinner duties, now, and he is producing some absolutely delicious fare!

Last night he whipped up some sour cream pancakes and turkey sausage with a beautifully presented fruit plate on the side. His presentations are always so impressive, and I'm sure as you get older, that he will lend his creativity to your meals too.

Tonight, he cooked Smitten Kitchen's Chana Masala and it was awesome! He handled the daunting list of spices with the ease of a pro...turmeric, cayenne, cumin seeds, garam masala, coriander, cumin, etc. Hmmm, I think I'll let him take over in the kitchen more often. Thanks Cora! I'm sure your Daddy appreciates me not being in the kitchen bossing him around all the time too.

From the looks of it, you are ready to try some of his Indian food. We are slowly sneaking some spices into your food here and there, but it may be a while yet before your tender palate is ready for something this intense!
Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment